- Gently wipe the jewelry with a clean soft cloth after each wear to remove moist and oils from skin.
- It is a good practice to store your jewelry in the original plastic zip bag and packaging box, it helps to prevent scratches and preserve plating.
- Do not keep your jewelry in the bathroom because all of the moisture from your shower and sink will make the sterling silver pieces tarnish extra quickly.
- Sterling silver can tarnishes easily which is why we add finishing on top. The use of silver cleaning cloth or polishing cream will damaged the platings and finishing will wear off quickly.
- Please handle your jewelry with care - do not force your ear studs into your ear backings and do not pull your chains.
- Avoid direct contact or impact with hard or rough surface when wearing your jewelry.
- Chemicals such as perfume, hairspray, soap or even skin care contains substance that may tarnish your pieces.
- Water can speed up the tarnishing or oxidizing process, do not store your jewelry in the bathroom or wear them to swimming pool, sauna or to the beach etc.
- When giving the gold plating a new gold layer on, please be advised to check locks and clasps for firmness.
- To preserve lustre please gently wipe the freshwater pearls with a soft cloth after each wear to remove excessive sweat or skin's natural oil.
- It is a good practice to store your jewelry in the pouch bag and packaging box, it helps to prevent scratches with sharp objects or gemstones.
- "Last on and first off." - Avoid direct contact with chemicals such as perfume, hairspray, soap or even skin care to preserve radiance of the freshwater pearls. Keep your pearl jewelry as a last touch and always remove them first before using any make-up remover or skin care products.
- Do not wear pearls to shower, sauna, sunbathing or swimming.
- "Pearls want to be worn." - so wear them often to keep them hydrated.
Debbie Debster jewelry is made of .925 sterling silver with polished finishing.
All jewelry receives plating as following:
Jewelry in silver color is plated with a hard metal called white rhodium to protect the sterling silver from oxidising.
Our gold jewelry is 925 Sterling Silver plated with 18K Gold. The color of our 18K Gold has a less vivid yellow in order to achieve a favorable modern look.
18K rose gold plating is in the gold family like 18K Gold. It is also plated with 24K Gold.
The surface treatments and plating will fade over time because of contact with atmosphere, other surfaces, chemicals such as perfume and soap or even human sweat, etc.